Saturday 21 February 2009

Final Thoughts on China and Travelsphere

China truly is an amazing country. It is also a country that is changing at a remarkable pace. While I was there I found out that the country is implementing masses of new ideas and policies to help protect its wildlife and people. New health care systems are being implemented, the taxes and restriction on farmers are being reduced to help keep people in agricultural jobs and on the whole it is a remarkably optimistic place.

The countries view of animals is also on the change. The importance of protecting its endangered species such as pandas has never been higher on the agenda. Attitudes towards the rights of animals are also changing. In Chengdu it was clear that people had altered how they thought animals should be treated and initiatives are being started to change views across the country.

Anyone visiting China will find a rich and friendly country. When I first arrived I was a little apprehensive as to how we would be treated by the locals. However, the best experiences I had were when we walked off the tourist trail and met people. Walking around the Chengdu back streets, taking the Rickshaw through Suzhou and heading into the older district of Chongqing gave me a view of the country that could so easily have been missed. I urge anyone who visits to do the same and go and meet the local people.

Travelsphere, the company I went with, were also excellent. They provided a tour guide and a different local guide for each place. All of our guides were excellent and clearly loved their cities. Special mention has to go to Rebecca in Chengdu and Chris in Beijing who really put in that extra effort. The tour manager, Bernie, also did an excellent job throughout to keep everything running smoothly which can’t have been easy.

I also have to say that all the hotels we stayed in were excellent with the staff always willing to help. I can’t really think of any reason not to recommend someone to come to China. It is one of the few places you can visit and still see a completely different way of life. China is quite simply the most amazing place I have ever been.

Travelling with Travelsphere also makes it incredibly straightforward and stress free as you have someone to guide you around and take you through airports and security checks. I don’t think I could have got around the country on my own, but anybody could see the wonders of this great country fairly easily going with Travelsphere. I can’t recommend the country and company enough.

I explored China with Travelsphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment