Monday 5 August 2013

Four places to Lunch in Cornwall: Part 4

Dolly’s Tea House (Falmouth)

The last place I visited on my travels was the wonderfully unique Dolly’s tea House. Situated along Falmouth high street, the tea house is set upstairs in a beautiful Georgian room.  It’s known for its quirky nature and if you are in the mood to engage you can have a cocktail brought to you from a proper tea pot or experience their flowering range of teas. Hebe, the pearl wearing Labrador may well also come to see you.

Amidst the playful theatre of the venue are some truly wonderful dishes. The best of which I feel is the lemon and crab crumble. I’ve never really had anything like this before but it is an incredibly rich and beautiful tasting concoction.  Served with gorgeous baked bread it is best described as delicately balanced crab pate with spices and a lemon zing. A unique and lovely thing it deserves to be tried upon a visit. Ever since I had it there are few days that pass where I don’t find my mind drifting back to it. It’s one of those dishes that just makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment